Saturday, December 05, 2015

San Juan and back to Palmas del Mar

After last evening being excited that my credit cards had arrived and now I was able to spend some money, the four of us and Bug of course drove to Home Depot for more supplies and then on to West Marine. The number of shoes and clothing available here tells me that Puerto Ricans are well dressed boaters. They have to be to go along with their fast and shiny power boats. One would never know that this country is broke...the number of new cars on the highway and the shoppers lined up to get into the mall is amazing!
Later this afternoon, plan to visit the pool here and perhaps a dinghy ride. Stay tuned!
A correction ... I did not lose my credit cards nor were they stolen. I had ordered US cards so that I would save some money! Correct! Lol
We visited Marina del Ray, a huge marina with a thousand slips. We were not allowed on to the docks. Golf carts are available to take you back and forth to the washrooms, showers, bar, restaurant, etc.
Shopping yesterday for Lou and Lydia and they headed off to Viequese. I did the mall route, shopping at JCPennys, Marshalls and Walmart. Peter got the engine all set up ready to go. Yes, almost ready. Today, December 9, final shop at Ralphs. Boy are we stocked. We could go anywhere. Final night here, laundry, dinghy ride, pool visit and a visit to Italian restaurant which is supposedly good and reasonable. Juan came by today with offer of fresh lobster and we decided to have a take away. ....tomorrow lunch or dinner at Green Bay, Viequese. Have not decided whether to make potato salad as yet to go along with it in my new pressure cooker. Is this a Christmas present? Gee, I could have had an inflatable paddle board!
marina del ray
long walk to your boat at marina del ray


Palmas pool