Sunday, July 01, 2018

On to the Virgins

January 30...Had a great time last night catching up with a few people and eating Euros, lamb for Peter and zucchini for me.  The best!  So sorry to leave here actually.  We have been here for one month.  Unbelieveable! Yes we are catching that 2 30 bridge and leaving for the US from there.
Latest Caper arrived from the BVIs this morning so will have a chat with Marty and Apple prior to leaving.  Winds are going to be light - 7 to 10 knots, waves 3 - 4 feet.  Hopefully a good passage.  We will meet up with Tarantella, Al and Michelle in Charlotte Amalie.

looking out to our anchorage at Orient Bay - Mistress of the Wind and Second Hand Rose in the distance

kite boarders flying right by the boat. Orient was a haven for them as well as windsurfers

January 29...Well we are not there yet nor are we definite about whether it is the US or British but we have been invited to a Super Bowl party in Charlotte Amalie so I guess you can figure out where we will be.
Plans are to catch the 2:30 bridge opening on the French side tomorrow and head out directly from there.  That is assuming all is well here at Bobby's/Andy's dock.  We are pushing to have the anchor fine tuned.
New post has been started as I could not get back to the St. Martin one....lots of problems in setting up the posting on the table (where I take the pictures and I did take lots in Orient Bay).  Although when I tried to take some of the beach, I was told no pictures.....we happened to be on the nude beach and who would think I would like to take pictures of all those old people....but the beach was lovely!
I had posted on January 27 but I deleted that so basically anchored there for two nights and spent some time with Secondhand Rose, Lou, Lydia and Bug.  It was nice to be away from the mosquitos and noseeums.  The dinghy adventure was fine......it got loose from the painter and I was in the dinghy alone, never really driving it but luckily the key was there and I was able to manoeuvre it back to the boat although it was a bit of a struggle as I forgot about forward.  But all was well.
Below is a picture of Steve Jobs' yacht, Venus,en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus which is at a dock in Simpson Bay.  When we arrived in St. Martin we saw it going out and noticed it was a different shape and wondered about it.  Later we were told it was his.  Poor man, never saw it completed.

Steve Jobs' boat